Friday 4 March 2011

Poster Initial Ideas - thumbnails

I decided against using one of the sculpture that I have already made, because I want to make the poster more linked to the brief.  And incorporate directly the 100 years, or the GF Smith company. So, I did some quick thumbnails to show some ideas that I had for the GF Smith paper poster. 
Some ideas include:
  • Making a 3D piece out of paper, such as the numbers '100', which can then be photographed and act as the main focus of the poster, with the extra required text added digitally.
  • Using 100 sheets of paper, numbered and aligned so that each label can be seen. This can then be photographed and type added through Photoshop.
  • The GF Smith logo, cut into several pieces of paper, then photographed with lighting effects, and extra type added.


Another idea was to create a folded paper structure which creates a raised pattern, again this could be photographed with lighting effects and type added afterwards.
The inspiration for this idea came from an image I came across on my personal blog. This uses an origami method, but I enjoy the overall look it creates.


1 comment:

  1. A good poster talks about your work and about you. A good layout means respect for the public.
    Poster Printing UK

    ReplyDelete