Sunday 6 March 2011

Poster Ideas

So, I decided to go along with the cutting out of numbers onto separate layers of paper idea. And each different selection of numbers was repeated onto several sheets of paper, just to add dimension. This created more line and shadow when I photographed it, so was a good idea in the end, even though it took more cutting!

When drawing out each line of numbers, I realised I had accidently mis-calculated the amount of rows I actually needed. Therefore, the 40's and 50's had to share a row, and so did the 60's and 70's. But this added a bit of randomness to the design, which turned out for the better too. So, then I decided to go off on a tangent from the current order I was using, and did some numbers landscape rather than portrait. This added a bit of spontaneousness and meant not all the patterns were the same,

I photographed the finished poster many times, with different light sources, different film types, and discovered that black and white highlighted the shadow best. I also adjusted aperture like I had planned to, so that the further ends of the poster were blurred, but the nearer parts had the most detail and shade. This contrast is effective. As for the juxtapositioning of the poster within the photograph, I wasn't sure which to use, so narrowed it down to these three so far. But I focused on making it as angular as possible. To emphasis the sharp corners and edges of the natural paper from, compared to the curved patterns that have been cut out.


No comments:

Post a Comment