Friday 4 February 2011

Paper sculpting: Attempt 2

To progress, I began to scale up on the sculptures, using bigger sheets of paper. Also when really needed, I used cellotape, because the paper is much bigger it needed a bit of extra support to make it stable. I found that using this method of scoring certain sections and folding them inwards, naturally gave the sculpture more structure anyway. Rather than cutting lots of different sections up, like I had been to create loops. I preferred this method overall and I'm more pleased with the outcomes.






By looking through certain holes that I cut out within the scores, you can see the patterns created inside the form, the waves of paper that have had to be folded in order to make the sculpture are really interesting in themselves.






Theses are some slightly smaller forms that I made, using similar scoring methods, but different folds.



No comments:

Post a Comment